Friday, March 30, 2012

Meanings Into Words



Practice
Add an explanation to each of the remarks below, saying what is happening:
1.       Don't switch the radio off:                                                   I am listening to the news.
2.       You'd better hurry up and eat that ice cream:             It is melting.
3.       We need to have our roof repaired:                                                It is leaking.
4.       Pass me a paper handkerchief:                                          I am eating dinner.
5.       I'm afraid you can't use that room just now:                                I am using this.
6.       You should put some suntan oil on your back:            It is feeling pain.
7.       There's no need to worry about the children:             They are playing.
8.       Quick, darling, hide in the wardrobe:                              Your father is coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment