Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Meaning into Words : Reporting Offers


7.6 Reporting offers:

She offered to + v1 + obj              or            She offered me to + v 1 +obj
1.       Would you like a sandwich?            She offered to take sandwich.
2.       You can drive if you like.                   She offered to drive if I like.
3.       Shall I carry it for you?                        She offered to carry it for me.
4.       Would you like me to help you?    She offered to help me.
5.       Would you like to sit down?            She offered to sit down.
6.       I've finished. Do you want to read it?          She offered it to read it.
7.       Would you like the day off tomorrow? She offered to take the day off tomorrow.
8.       I'll deliver it if you like.                       She offered to deliver it if I like.
9.       Would you like to work for us?      She offered to work for us.
10.   I've got lots of money, if you're short.        She offered to take money.


No comments:

Post a Comment