Monday, April 9, 2012

Meanings Into Words 7.1


7.1 Making Request
a.       Would you + v1 + obj?
b.      Could you + v1 + obj?
c.       Command, could?
d.      Command, would you?
e.      Would you mind + v4 + obj?
f.        I don't suppose you could + v1 + obj?
g.       I don't suppose you could + v1 + obj, could you?
h.      Do you think you could possibly + v1 +obj?

1.       Lend him his bike. (Lend me your bike.)
a.       Would you lend me your bike?
b.      Could you lend me your bike?
c.       Lend me your bike, could you?
d.      Lend me your bike, would you?
e.      Would you mind lending your bike?
f.        I don't suppose you could lend me your bike.
g.       I don't suppose you could lend me your bike, could you?
h.      Do you think you could possibly lend me your bike?
2.       bring  him breakfast in  bed        
Would you mind bringing me breakfast in bed?
3.       wake him up in the morning
Would you mind waking me up in the morning?
4.       pass him the newspaper
Would you mind passing me the newspaper?
5.       give him a spare front door key
Would you mind giving me a spare front door key?
6.       lend him his Alfa Romeo
Would you mind lending me Alfa Romeo?
7.       lend him his best suit
Would you mind lending me your best suit?
8.       switch on the water heater
Would you mind switching on the water heater?
9.       put an extra blanket on his bed
Would you mind putting an extra blanket on his bed?
10.   give him a lift to the station
Would you mind giving me a lift to the station?

No comments:

Post a Comment